New Lounger
    Thanks

Only delegate sees meeting series in calendar (Outlook 2k3)

We have a delegate who is also an invitee to a meeting series. She accepts the meeting for herself then responds from her delegators inbox; once this is done the delegate has a meeting on her calendar but not her delgator. Any ideas? oh btw: this delegate has full permissions as a delegate to add/remove/edit etc. Getting into the delegators email is not possible as she is out of office.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Only delegate sees meeting series in calendar (Outlook 2k3)

Thanks for the info Joe. I've been over most of those documents except for the Exchange 2007 Delegate Issues on the Technet forums. Our outlook client is Outlook 2002 Sp3; I'm not sure what version is being used to schedule the meetings. The meeting requests were not deleted before being accepted.

The other quirky thing that I've come to see is that the delegate is also an invitee to this meeting. Also we've asked the meeting organizer to send an update to the meeting - we received the meeting update in the form of a resend of the original request (much to our dislike an update would send a few dozen emails out) but when we re-accept it we get an error dialog about it being in the past (if this makes a difference).

Administrator
    Thanks

Your original subject said Outook 2003. Is it 2003 or 2002? Does everyone have the same version of Outlook & the same service pack level? What version of Exchange and what Exchange service pack level?

Joe
    Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks

Sorry - our environment utilizes 2002 sp3 and version 2003. I am removed from administration of the exchange server but if memory serves me right it is 2003 and definately updated with the latest SP (according to our admins).

Administrator
    Thanks

According to the 'considerations' article, it is better if both the owner & delegate have the same version & service pack level of Outlook. Is this the case? I'm assuming that if Microsoft recommends this it really means that they are saying it probably won't work correctly if the Outlook versions are different.

Joe
    Joe