New Lounger
    Thanks

lost text across page break in 'print layout view' (Word 2002 (10.2627.262

Suddenly, when I view my document in "Print Layout View", it seems like several lines of text have been lost across each of the pagebreaks. The text is still there when I look at the document in "Normal View". This just started happening today and it's distressing because I really like to use Print Layout View all the time. Does anyone know what is causing this and how can I fix it?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: lost text across page break in 'print layout view' (Word 2002 (10.2627

Welcome to Woody's Lounge!

Would it be possible to attach a copy of the document (with sensitive material removed) to a reply? The maximum file size for attachments here is 100 KB, you can zip the document if necessary and attach the zip file.

New Lounger
    Thanks

I can see how that would be helpful and I wish I could, but I don't think I can share it because it is an original manuscript for publication. The whole thing is a little sensitive! I wouldnt mind sharing it with A person, but I can't post it publicly. Maybe someone has some ideas without seeing the actual document?

Thanks

In some earlier versions of Word I saw this kind of thing if there were tracked changes in the document, especially if they were set not to actually show on screen. Do you have tracked changes in the document by any chance?

Ian

New Lounger
    Thanks

No... but after some wild flailing around... I think it's fixed! Somehow (and I am not sure how this happened) my top margin was set to a size that was smaller than the size of the (nonexistent) header. I had no idea Word would let you do that, but apparently it does. I increased the size of my top margin and the text is back now and visible in Page Layout view just as it was before.

I sincerely appreciate the help of those who tried (and even those who gave it a thought). THANK YOU!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Glad you were able to solve it yourself!