Results 1 to 2 of 2
2008-09-19, 09:57 #1
- Join Date
- Apr 2003
- Calgary, Alberta
- Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
After Upgrade Switch User Not Working (XP SP3)
I have researched too long on the internet and resorted to good old Woody's... my switch user feature in xp no longer works since I upgraded to SP3. When I attempt to switch user, it flashes what looks like the desktop and then returns to the logon. I'm going to list all the things I have performed but not successful:
1. Upgraded RAM on machine to 1.25 GB
2. Unchecked Fast User Switching, rebooted, checked back on, rebooted.
3. Checked msc and ensured that Fast User Switching and Terminal Services were started
4. Deleted user accounts and recreated.
I use Kaspersky Anti-Virus 7.0.
2008-09-19, 13:30 #2
- Join Date
- Dec 2000
- Renton, Washington, USA
- Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Re: After Upgrade Switch User Not Working (XP SP3)
Have you tried logging out and then logging in as the other user.
Sometimes this will clear up the saving of the open files by removing them because there are none open.
I have found using switch user one can get clobbered files at times when there are a lot of files and programs open.
Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.