Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

load testing (office XP SP3)

hello

I was wondering if any software exists for testing/load testing?

We re upgrading key software that will be deployed to the firm and we're needing to test. The software is upgrading our document management system.

At the moment we have a 1 pc logged on via VM, and everything is running smoothly (understandably so)

We're wanting to load test, ie many transactions hitting the database at the one time, replicating whats occuring in our current environment.

The request is for me to write something. ie on one pc have 50-100 Word documents open at the one time ( I dont even know what the maximum Word documents open in one session of Word is - I suppose this would depend on pc specs etc) and perform "saves", adding text, and more saves. This will be replicated across a total of 4 pc's.
    Writing some code will be a project in itself, and I suspect - the BA's will just creep in more requirements for load testing.

Know of any software out there that can handle testing and load testing?

many thanks

diana

Thanks

Re: load testing (office XP SP3)

There definitely are load testing tools used by software companies to simulate users interacting with their applications. However, writing the scripts for the interaction between MS Word and a DMS might require a lot of tinkering. Perhaps the vendors can assist?

(I can't recommend any particular product, sorry. Maybe you can find some reviews here: Software Test & Performance Magazine.)

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Re: load testing (office XP SP3)

Many thanks Jefferson

diana