New Lounger
    Thanks

Endnotes in Word 2003 (Word 2003)

In Word 2003 when a I try and add an additional endnote which flows onto the second page of my reserved endnote section at the end of the document Word automatically starts adding thousands of pages to the document. Eventually I get a 'too many pages in document' error. When I open the document with my other computer running Word 2007 I am able to flow endnotes onto additional endnote pages without a problem. Can anyone help me with a solution to this problem?
    Btw I have to use Word 2003 for this doc because it is a company document that has to be prepared on my company PC that is networked into the company enterprise network which provides confidential source material for the doc. Company bureacracy precludes a Word version upgrade.
    I am in a real bind over this so any help would be massively appreciated!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Endnotes in Word 2003 (Word 2003)

Welcome to Woody's Lounge!

Check the Endnote Text style - if the paragraph properties for this style are set to Keep with Next, you'll get the problem that you mention once you have more than a full page of endnotes. Word will try to keep the endnotes on one page by pushing them to the next page, but since they don't fit, the process will repeat itself endlessly.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Endnotes in Word 2003 (Word 2003)

Thanks Hans. I had no idea that I would get such a quick and helpful response. I am really most incredibly grateful. I have been tearing my hair out for days over this.