Thanks

Task Bar Icon Mismatch ( 5.1 SP2)

I've been meaning to ask about this for a while.

When I open enough windows so that the task bar has two or more overlaid bands (there is an up arrow/down arrow on the right) sometimes when I click on an icon the task indicated by the icon does not open. Instead, the task associated with the 'icon underneath' (the one in the same position, but not showing) is the one that opens. If I use <Alt-Tab> I can readily find the task I want to open. It would be nice if the task bar worked properly, too.

Have I possibly misset an option somewhere?

FWIW, I use the current version of Mozilla SeaMonkey as my browser of choice.

Thanks for any insights,
    Baumgrenze
    Hier sind wir tief eingewurzelt.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Task Bar Icon Mismatch ( 5.1 SP2)

In situations like this, a screenshot would help a lot to understand what you have in front of you. Can you post a screenshot?

"... task bar has two or more overlaid bands" I could interpret this as double-height, but in standard settings there are "no up arrow/down arrow on the right".

However: it is possible to configure the Quick Launch Bar in some different ways. One of these ways, shows up/down arrows to the right. It is possible that you have this configuration.

But then you will not see the tasks all over the Taskbar, only in the list to the right (the Taskbar estate is occupied by the QLB).

See screenshot, and <!post=this post and thread,718372>this post and thread<!/post>.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Addendum:
    I thought I recognized this, your question that is. Is this the same problem as the one you mentioned <!post=in this thread,715721>in this thread<!/post>?

The screenshot in my other post is, of course, not the only way to configure it. It is possible to expand the task area to the left by moving the separator line left (however in the picture the Taskbar is locked so the separator line is not showing).

So it is possible to fill up the Taskbar, more or less I guess (I do not run that many tasks), and still have the up/down arrows.

But that doesn't explain why you don't get the correct window to open.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Please don't post the same question in multiple threads.

I will lock this thread to prevent any further replies, if anyone wants to respond then please do so in the original thread.

StuartR