Star Lounger
    Thanks

Event ID: 1041 (XP 2002/SP3)

(Edited by HansV to make URL clickable - see <!help=19>Help 19<!/help>)

I'm seeing two errors in the event log with ID 1041. The problem seems to have started about the same time as a virus infection. Avast caught the virus and scans with various products have said my computer is clean.
    The log entries say:
    Windows cannot query DllName registry entry for {CF7639F3-ABA2-41DB-97F2-81E2C5DBFC5D} and it will not be loaded. This is most likely caused by a faulty registration.
    Windows cannot query DllName registry entry for {7B849a69-220F-451E-B3FE-2CB811AF94AE} and it will not be loaded. This is most likely caused by a faulty registration.

I read the technet entry for this event ID and it's related to DHCP Interface Configuration.
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l.../cc774857.aspx
    It looks like this applies to a DHCP server, though maybe I'm misinterpreting it. The problem is happening on a standalone computer, not a server. It should not be providing DHCP services to other computers. In any case, the technet troubleshooting instructions don't help . They say to run Administrative Tools/DHCP, but this menu item doesn't exist.

I've run CCleaner and Glary Utilities to clean up bad registry entries, but that hasn't helped.

Any clues?

Robert

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Event ID: 1041 (XP 2002/SP3)

This is not a DHCP issue. Event ID 1041 with the text "Windows cannot query DIIName registry entry for..." is from source USERENV. If you had the DHCP Event 1041 you would see the text " The DHCP service is not servicing any clients because none of the active network interfaces have statically configured IP addresses, or there are no active interfaces. "

You can usually find good advice for these codes at http://www.eventid.net but it doesn't have a lot to say about this one.

A google search for the two GUID's that you have problems with produces a number of people with similar problems to yours, and a suggestion that this may be a problem with the deinstallation of Internet Explorer 8 beta. Have you installed Internet Explorer 8 on this computer?

StuartR

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Good luck, please let us know how it goes.

When you reply again, please remember to put <!t><!/t> before any URL and <!t><!/t> afterwards, so that other loungers can follow the links.

StuartR

Star Lounger
    Thanks

I think the problem has been resolved. It was happening every 30 - 110 minutes, but hasn't reccurred for the past 4 hours. Here's what I did:
    1) Used regedit to delete the registry entries for
    CF7639F3-ABA2-41DB-97F2-81E2C5DBFC5D
    7B849a69-220F-451E-B3FE-2CB811AF94AE

2) Ran CCleaner (http://www.ccleaner.com/download/bui...wnloading-slim ) on the registry

3) Ran sfc /scannow

I'll update if it starts happening again.

-- Robert

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks, Stuart,

Yes, I installed and removed IE 8 (it was a disaster).

I found this entry:
    http://help.wugnet.com/windows/Beta-WinXP-...pict627479.html
    and will try their suggestions.

Robert