5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

WIN XP Media Center Edition (SP3)

I have Windows XP Media Center Edition - in the TV GUIDE, everything is an hour earlier than it should be. A show that is scheduled to be on at 8 PM is listed as being on at 7 PM. I have adjusted the clock to the proper time and the proper time zone. The system clock is correct but the Media Center Guide is off by one hour. When I set Media Center up to record a show, I have to click on the time of the show but it is listed an hour earlier than it really will be on. How do I adjust the time settings of MY TV Media Guide. I have version 2002. Thanks for any and all help.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts

Re: WIN XP Media Center Edition (SP3)

Joe

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I already have the KB942763 installed regarding time zones. As near as I can tell, SP2 was part of the original installation of WIN XP.

Just a note - I received 4 email notices that you had replied to my original post.

Thanks for your input. I have found a workaround - I simply record the program at the time I know it is scheduled to be broadcast regardless of what the TV GUIDE says will be broadcast. For example, last night I recorded Law and Order SVU at 9 PM even though TV GUIDE said my local news would be broadcast at 9 PM. I still wish I could get the time properly set in the TV GUIDE but things could be worse.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re my note about receiving 4 email notices about your reply, I just received 4 copies of an email from a friend of mine so the problem is obviously with my service provider. Thanks again.

Administrator
    Thanks

I'm not familiar with MCE configuration but it would seem as though a time offset or time zone or location got changed.

Joe
    Joe

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

<P ID="edit" class=small>(Edited by joeperez on 01-Oct-08 15:53. made url clickable - see Forum Help )</P>Hi Joe, after lots of searching for a solution to my time issue with windows media player, I found a site that confirmed that I was not the only one having a problem. Here is the site in case you are interested. http://www.tonyspencer.com/2005/12/01/trou...center-edition/

And I also finally found a "work around" that truly solves my issue - it was part of the above site but here is the specifics that I found and implemented and ultimately solved my problem.

Here are my steps, in case anyone is interested.

1. turn off the time sync (you can leave DST if you want)
    2. reboot the computer and go into the BIOS (could be F2, F5, F8 or whatever it
    is. Mine’s was F2)
    3. modify BIOS date, save and exit
    4. restart Windows and verify by turning on Media Center

The 5 steps above are what ultimately solved my problem. Just wanted to let you know that I did get fixed and wanted you to have the info in case someone in the future had a similar problem.

Thanks again for your help.

Administrator
    Thanks

Glad you got it resolved. Thanks for posting your solution.

Joe
    Joe