5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Totals query (2003)

I have a totals query that I run for all the data (see attached). Now I want to limit the data by running it for 5 different areas. I need the same 15 fields in the description field to appear in each query regardless if there are any numbers - these would be 0 all the way across but I would still have the 15 descriptions. Is there any way to do this?
    Attached Files Attached Files

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Totals query (2003)

Attach a table with the 15 descriptions you need and join it with your current query using an Outer join (double click on the link line and choose show all items from your description table and only the matching ones from the totals query.

To display the zeros for unmatched descriptions use the NZ function:
    nz([totals_filed],0)*1

I've attached a very basic example
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

You could create a table (if you don't already have it)listing the 15 descriptions.
    Create a totals query for a specific area. This may not return records for all descriptions.
    Next, create a new query based on the table and the totals query, joined on the description field.
    Double click the join line and select the option to return ALL records from the table and only related records from the query.
    Add the description field from the table and the other fields from the query to the query grid.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

It is not working. It sounds like it should but for some reason I am not getting the 15 descriptions. I added a table of the 15 descriptions and did an outer join. I put that query into another query and did the nz for the fields to take care of the zeros.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Make sure that the outer join goes in the right direction - the arrow should point at the totals query.

If you can't get it to work, could you post a stripped down copy of your database? See <post#=401925>post 401925</post#> for instructions.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you both very much. I used a little from both of you. It works perfectly....