5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Clearing Data Entry Form on New choice (2007)

I have a data entry form to enter student's in a class. There is an unbound combo box with all the classes and the form i set for data entry so that it opens with only a blank record to add students.
    BUT- how can I get it after I finish the first class entry, and choose the next class from the combo box to go back to a blank form to start adding the next class?
    I am sure there is a simple way to do his, but I am stumped
    Thanks

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Clearing Data Entry Form on New choice (2007)

Depends a bit on exactly how you have done it.

Is the form set to only show students enrolled in the selected class? In that case me.requery should do what you want. You could put that in the after update event of the combo.
    Regards
    John

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

The form opens in data entry so it does not show the existing records. When I enter a student in the form, the after update code pulls the class from the unbound combo box and enters the class in the underlying table. I want to get to a data entry form each time I choose a different class in the unbound combo box

Super Moderator
    Thanks

If the form data source is query that uses the combo as a parameter, then existing records would disappear after a requery.

The easiest way to do it though is to use a form and subform. Combo box on the main form, data entry on the subform, and have them linked by a master/child field.
    Then what you want will happen automatically, and the class will be entered automatically without any code.
    Regards
    John

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

You are correct, but there are some other things being done when they are entered into the class which is why I did it this way, I might have to change it to main subform, depending which issue is more significant to the person doing data entry.
    Thanks