5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Copy/Paste Paragraph Mark (2002/SR2)

Hi -

The copied mark won’t change the format of the selected other paragraph [The clipboard pane shows (‘review not available)]
    I think I saw the reason why this doesn’t work with Word 2002 here in a Lounge thread.. I know about Format Painter, but prefer copy/paste, if at all possible.

Thank you.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Copy/Paste Paragraph Mark (2002/SR2)

Copying/pasting a paragraph mark works for me in Word 2002 (SP3), but see the thread starting at <post:=545,236>post 545,236</post:>...

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for the replies. Yup, still having same problem as way back then.

The clipboard again indicates (preview not available).

Typing replaces selection is checked. No style applied.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

The indication "Preview not available" is to be expected - the clipboard doesn't contain specific text that can be displayed, only formatting instructions.

I think there is a misunderstanding about what copying and pasting a paragraph mark does. It copies only the paragraph formatting, not directly applied character formatting.

In your sample document, ALL paragraphs use the same paragraph style: Normal. To one of the paragraphs, Arial has been applied as direct character formatting. If you copy and paste its paragraph mark to one of the other paragraphs, the Arial formatting is NOT copied because it is not part of the paragraph format.

If you had created a paragraph style that has Arial in its style definition, and applied it to a paragraph, copying and pasting the paragraph mark of that paragraph would transfer the style to the other paragraph, including setting the font to Arial, because Arial is part of the style definition.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hans -

Once again you are right about my lack of understanding. I forgot about Normal being considered a style....

Thank you,

Acer