New Lounger
    Buxton, Derbyshire, England

Sky Email Settings (Internet Explorer 7)

Sky is my ISP. I use Outlook for my Sky emails (ratherthan the Sky Google option) and it works fine, but of course, if I need to set up a new email address; or change from POP3 to IMAP, or whatever, I need to access my Sky Email Settings via Sky Email and Tools. I am suddenly unable to do this in Internet Explorer 7..
    I log into the Sky Email and Tools page OK, but when I click on "Mail Settings" instead of being directed to the appropriate settings page (as I used to be), I now always get a Microsoft "Pop Up" window to the effect that "Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." Whether I click "Send" or "Don't Send" a message to Microsoft, I am then dumped back on my desktop.
    I am not aware that I have changed any settings but as I do not often need to access the settings page I cannot be sure when the problem first started.
    Strangely I AM able to access the appropriate page if I use Firefox 2 instead of IE7 BUT if I upgrade to the latest Firefox (Version3) I have the same problem as with IE. I can only assume that both IE and Firefox later versions have introduced some security feature that prevents access to the Sky email settings page.

Plutonium Lounger

Re: Sky Email Settings (Internet Explorer 7)

Welcome to Woody's Lounge!

I don't know if there are Loungers who have experience with Sky. If you don't get an answer here soon, you might have more luck on Sky User - The unofficial support forum for everything Sky!