2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

MS Access Doesn't work anymore (MS Access 2007)

Sometimes, during the development of a form for my program, i go to the property window of another form and click there with the right mousebutton on the property "Backgroundcolor", in order to copy the setting ,to use this setting in the form i'm developing. From the moment i right-click in this field in the property window, the whole form get transparant and a message is coming up telling me that microsoft office Access doesn't work anymore and Acces is closed. I can't find any bug i my program, because as far as i'm am in the development now, everything is working fine. My O.S. is Windows Vista Ultimate and my Office is Office 2007 Enterprise version.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: MS Access Doesn't work anymore (MS Access 2007)

Is this confined to one particular db, or more general?

Have you tried Compact and Repair (under Manage).

Another option I have seen , but not yet tried out, is under Access Options...Resources..Diagnose.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Regards
    John

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: MS Access Doesn't work anymore (MS Access 2007)

In addition to John's suggestion, you might want to make sure you have SP1 of Office 2007 applied. However, there is a problem that I have seen where you right-click on a subform where there is no control, and Access just goes away. The behavior you describe sounds rather similar. Rather than right clicking, if you left click in the property and then do CTRL-C to copy the property setting, do you still see the same behavior?
    Wendell