2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

ForceNewPage (2007)

I've searched on PageBrak and ForceNewPage, but have come up with nothing which helps my situation. I'm attempting to force a report to goto a new page when a source data flag is true. I've tried two different Group Header OnFormat approaches, but do not get satisfactory results with either. I'm sure it's something simple, I just don't see it.

Approach 1 - PageBreak Control
    This correctly forces a break on the desired header section, but also follows with a 2nd blank page
    If Me!fForceNewSubSectionPage = True Then
    Me!PageBreak_SubSectionTitle.Visible = True
    Else
    Me!PageBreak_SubSectionTitle.Visible = False
    End If

Approach 2 - ForceNewPage property in Group Header
    This forces a page break on the header section following the one with the flag set to true
    If Me!fForceNewSubSectionPage = True Then
    Me.Section(acGroupLevel2Header).ForceNewPage = 1
    Else
    Me.Section(acGroupLevel2Header).ForceNewPage = 0
    End If

Appreciate any help,
    Marty

PS Has anyone run across a resource/cookbook for in for programming Access reports?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: ForceNewPage (2007)

Could you post a stripped down copy of your database (in .mdb format, not as an .accdb)? See <post#=401925>post 401925</post#> for instructions.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hans,

Here it is in 97 format. The flag "fForceNewSubSectionPage" in the source table is set to True for SubSectionTitle="Summary of Reserves." I've tried with other subsections set to true and get the same results. The text in the report will look a little odd as it was created using the FMS 2007 Memo Active X control in the full database to provide greater rtf formatting capability to the client. I've tested the problem with and with out the Active X control and get the same results.

Thanks,
    Marty
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

The interaction of the various Keep Together properties and the page break control is complicated. The Keep Together property of the SubSectionSort grouping level in the Sorting and Grouping window has been set to With First Detail. Apparently the combination of this setting with the page break forces an empty page. If you set the Keep Together property to None, you won't get the empty page.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks very much for the assistance.
    Marty