New Lounger
    Thanks

Macintosh Word sudden font corruption (Mac Office

We run Office 2000 on our two PC's (Windows ME and 98) and Office 98 for Macintosh on an Apple Macintosh G4. We normally have no problems at all switching world files between us. Suddenly, Windows Word files from outside sources are displaying font corruption all over the place. Virus scanning, disk repair and re-installation of system software on the Mac have all proved useless, and diagnostic software has found no errors. Could this be an issue with files coming off computers running Office XP? If so, could it be specific to a French localised version? Our customers are quite possibly starting to migrate from Office NT.

Any Mac users out there?

Thanx

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Macintosh Word sudden font corruption (Mac Office

Macintosh font corruption problem solved!
    As nobody answered, I figure there can't be too many Macintosh Office users out there! However, 8 people were nice enough to look at my query, so here, for the record, is the answer. The problem is caused by too many fonts being resident in the Macintosh system Font folder. Using the Extensis Suitcase 9 utility, I got them all out except resident system fonts, but then to make Word display you have to then install the Microsoft Word fonts from the CD. These and the Mac screen fonts are now the only permanently resident fonts in the system folder and the problem has been cured.

Cheers,