Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Logitech microphone and Sibilants

I'm using Camtasia with a Logitech microphone, and my esses are coming out something awful.
    It's not really a hardware problem, and it's not really a software problem - it's more of a "me" problem.

I tracked down these suggestions for vocalists (" ... but they do little for sibilants ...") and have experimented with wrapping a cylinder of paper around the microphone, using a twist-tie, which seems to have helped a bit.

Any suggestions for fixes, apart from a few $300/hour sessions with a speech therapist (which is saying some mouthfuls in itself) or $400/hour learning how to be a ventriloquist and substituting other sounds for "ess".?
    Fixing hardware is probably an easier route than fixing me.
    (thinks: part of my problem might be that I'm cheap, and probably purchased the cheapest microphone in the store)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Logitech microphone and Sibilants

We have some professional musicians who are Loungers, so I hope one or more of them will come along to help you technically. For my limited and rare experience in sound bite recording, it was always with the el-cheapo mic that came with the computer, or a low-priced model I bought at Radio Shack. I had the same problem and you've already done something similar to my only solution. I would position the mic off to the side and a little farther away from my mouth and it helped somewhat. But, that crummy technique also introduces other quality problems. Good luck; I'll be reading along with your adventure...

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Logitech microphone and Sibilants

>position the mic off to the side and a little farther away from my mouth
    Thanks, Al. I'd tried that too but (el cheapo) the shaft is short and inflexible, the head is big (to accommodate the ego), and (el cheapo) I was reluctant to bend too far in case things snap - leading to having to spend more money.

I see dell has a Creative Labs headset/mic starting at $69.
    I'm not sure about the "USB" bit, .....