Thread: Office Live (1)

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Office Live (1)

Office Live is something I ran across today, although not for the first time, and a search didn't turn up any thread in the Lounge so I thought I'd start one. (If there is already a thread, please point me to it and delete this.)

Office Live Workspace (beta) is free, and if you happen to have it installed it might be handy. It gives you 500 MB of online storage, which is equal to a healthy flash drive when it comes to documents, and the various tutorials suggest ways of using it.

The Small Business version is definitely worth a look, and might suddenly get a boost from the bad economy. For that advice, I will waive my usual consulting fee and wish you (and me) good luck. Visit OfficeLive for both.

Mind you, if Microsoft or governments start promoting it or other such resources on that ground, I jolly well expect to be rewarded for the intellectual property inherent in my having suggested that benefit.

Thanks

Re: Office Live (1)

I haven't had the need yet for Office Live yet, but I do use Widows SkyDrive a lot.
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Office Live (1)

Thank you for that suggestion, which is the first I have heard of it, although I am aware of other online storage. I can think of one (safe) use for it already, and the price is right.

One downside is the time required to upload and download that much data compared to simply burning it to disk, but it I do expect to use it.