2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Subreports (2003 (11.8166.8221))

I have several reports that I want to combine into one report. On each of the individual reports I have the column labels in the page header section so that the column headings appears on each page of the report instead of the report header section whereby the column labels would only appear on the first page. Having the column labels in the page header section works out well in the indivdual reports. However, when I try to combine several reports as subreports into one main report I am having trouble getting the column headings right so that the column headings appears correctly per subreport.

Any suggestions on maintaining page headings

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Subreports (2003 (11.8166.8221))

You could create a dummy group level in each of the subreports and use the group header (with Repeat Section set to Yes) to display the column headings.

If you really want to display the column headings in the page header of the main report, see ACC2000: How to Repeat Subreport Header at Top of Page, but as Microsoft states there "This method works best for one subreport. <...> This code is not easy to maintain."

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

When you say "dummy" group level I'm unsure what that would be.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Open the report in design view.
    Activate the Sorting and Grouping window.
    Normally, you either select a field name in the Field/Expression column, or enter a formula such as =Month([InvoiceDate]).
    But you can enter a dummy formula such as =1 and set the GroupHeader property to Yes.
    Because =1 does not depend on the data, the entire report will consist of a single "group", and you can use the group header more or less as if it were the report header, but with the important dofference that you can set its Repeat Section property to Yes, so that it will be repeated at the top of each page.