brian_1701

Can I Record a Macro in Outlook? (XP)

I have created a Form that we would like to use when we send external E-mails. However, in order to get this Form, users have to click New --> Form --> User Templates in File System, then click the Name of the Form. Isn't there a simpler way? I'd like to add a button to the Toolbar that performs these actions, similar to recording a Macro in Word or WordPerfect. Can someone tell me if this is possible, as I don't see 'Record' on the Tools --> Macro options.

Thanks

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Can I Record a Macro in Outlook? (XP)

you can add the form as a hyperlink (customize toolbar > drop any button on toolbar, then right click on button)
    you can publish it to a folder and access it from the actions menu when in that folder -
    you can copy it to an outlook folder -

you can even change the default forms - Look at <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.slipstick.com/dev/newdefaultform.htm>http://www.slipstick.com/dev/newdefaultform.htm</A>

brian_1701

Thank you for taking the time to reply, however, you have totally lost me, as I can't find many of the things to which you refer, e.g.:

How do you 'Publish' a Form to a Folder? I presume you mean 'Create a Template', but Outlook provides absolutely no Help regarding 'Publishing' (literally).

I tried to Design a Form, but I get a VBA Window (which looks like a New Mail Message), with no ability to paste our Company Logo into the top, right-hand corner of the Form, which is all I want (i.e., a Blank E-mail Message with our Logo in the Corner to save people having to insert it each time they send an external E-mail).

I can't believe how difficult it is; I have always thought most Microsoft software is renowned for being easy-to-use, but this simple Task seems to have people jumping through hoops! I think MS needs to speak to their new friends at Corel with regard to making Applications more user-friendly!!!

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

when you are in design a form, there is a publish button and publish menu command on the tools menu.

to add a logo, you'll need to use the toolbox - i think you can paste into a text box, if not you'll need to use the image control.

But if you can add the logo to a normal mail message, it can be published (or saved as a template) without going into design mode - and might work ok.

brian_1701

Thank you, I noticed the Publish Button and Menu in Design View, but I need to be able to insert our Logo First. Prior to my previous post, I did try to insert an image (simply by pasting onto the Form (which is a Text Box) and also by using the ToolBox to Insert an Image. Outlook will not let me paste an item from the clipboard, and I can't even right-click the 'blank' image, choose Properties, then Browse to locate our Logo on a Drive.

This is quite literally a nightmare to achieve! Either my version of OutlookXP is royally broken, or this isn't an easy thing to achieve!

I have created many Access Databases, and I've never had this kind of problem trying to achieve something that should be so easy! I still can't understand why Outlook doesn't have a Tools/Macro/Record like Word and WordPerfect!!! <sigh> [img]/forums/images/smilies/sad.gif[/img]