3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Odd Section Problem (2003 SP3)

I have a document with four sections. Sections 2, 3 and 4 have a Section Break (Odd Page) at the start.

Sections 2 and 3 do start on an odd page no matter how many pages in sections 1 and 2. Section 4 however shows in Print Preview and when printed on an even page if Section 3 only has one page.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Odd Section Problem (2003 SP3)

Could you post a copy of the document, with all text (except the section breaks of course) removed?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I cannot get it below the 100KB limit so it is on my site at http://www.grainge.org/test.zip

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Page numbering for sections 2 and 3 has been set to continue from the previous section, so section 2 starts on page 3 (instead of page 2), and section 3 begins on page 5 (instead of page 4).
    Page numbering for section 4, however, has been set to restart at 1, which is an odd number. If you specify that it continues from the previous section there too, section 4 will start on page 7.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

But I don't want that to be page 7. Section 4 is the start of the content and the page numbering is meant to start with 1 from there.
    Maybe I am not understanding odd pages. I am using double sided printing and I want the first page of each section to be on a facing page. The content of sections 2 and 3 will vary in length so I cannot use page breaks etc for the the users. I just want Word to give them the start of each section on a facing page. It seemed to me that Odd page should do that and indeed in a clean test document it does.

Hope that makes my problem clearer?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Ah! I see if you change the page numbering to continue from the previous section, it does indeed work as required. But that seems odd as both 1 and 7 are odd numbers. Is there a way to get the start of section 4 show page 1 as the number but in the way I want?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

See the newsgroup thread Odd page numbering for a workaround.