Thread: Acronis 2009

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Acronis 2009

Hello All,
    Just checked out Wilders Security Forums http://www.wilderssecurity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=65 ,and it seems that Acronis v12 is out. It seems that judging by the posts its off to a less than rousing start. After Beta testing (v1) , (v2) and reading the complaints, that they might have been a bit premature in releasing v12 just yet.
    Regards Plain Fred.
    PlainFred

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free (J. W. Von Goethe)

Thanks

Re: Acronis 2009

Fred,
    Been beta testing Acronis programs for a long time now, including V12 of TI.

I have to agree with you that v12 still seems to have a number of problems and I wasn't even aware that it was released from beta.
    There were ( in my estimate ) a lot of unanswered questions in the last beta and then, even the beta test site forum and input site was unavailable for some time. ( we are working on it, was the response )

I'm waiting a while before I go ahead with V12, sorry to say.
    BOB
    http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/flags/USA.gif http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/f...sachusetts.gif

Long ago, there was a time when men cursed and beat on the ground with sticks. It was called witchcraft.
    Today it is called golf!

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Bob,
    Hello, for now i'm "stick'en" with TI-11 (8101) it's working well for me, and at this point it dosen't make any sense to change.I can't understand why Acronis would release this version either ! Regards PlainFred.
    PlainFred

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free (J. W. Von Goethe)

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Boy, things don't look too good over there in their forums, do they?

Thanks

I just completed 25 emails total over a period of 2 months with what passes for "support" at Acronis.

The problem: When I installed the last TI11 update, I lost the ability to get emails informing me of the status of a task (had been working previously). They had me jumping through hoops like a trained flea. We never heard of such a problem transitioned to well, yes, there have been reports of this problem. There were many try this, try that requests on their part.

But finally I drew the line and said go away when they wanted me to do network traces. Instead I asked for proof in their logs that the email was actually being sent out before I would give them a network trace. They ignored this request repeatedly. As they also ignored my queries as to why they only supported POP3 for email notification (not web mail which would be easier to manage) or why they could not write a success/fail record to the Windows Event Log as many applications do?

I'm just totally disgusted by Acronis and I will be moving to some other product. THe value in a company isn't just that the product works as advertised, but the service and knowledge you get when you run into a problem.