2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

CPA - change templates? (Outlook 2007)

Is there any way to edit the templates in Calendar Printing Assistant for Outlook 2007? It's a great program, producing very useful calendars. I use the Day Tri-fold every day since it shows the full appointment schedule in one pane, the task list in a second pane and a week's schedule in the third pane. Very nifty.
    One complaint - the tasks are not arranged as there are in Outlook itself. Is there any way to arrange them in descending priority order, with high priorities first, followed by normal priorities, then low, with a secondary sort in descending date order? This is how I've arranged my tasks in OL itself, but the CPA seems to follow its own logic.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks.
    Mark

Thanks

Re: CPA - change templates? (Outlook 2007)

I haven't tried this add-in. For those inclined to experiment, you can download it from Microsoft here: Calendar Printing Assistant for Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 overview @ Microsoft Office Online.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts

Re: CPA - change templates? (Outlook 2007)

From the latest Exchange Messaging Outlook Newsletter (not posted yet):

"Modify the Calendar Printing Assistant Templates
    We're often asked how to create or modify templates for the calendar printing assistant. While there isn't a whole lot you can do to change the templates, you can tweak the fonts.

The calendar printing assistant uses a template with the extension *.catx. It's stored in the Office template folder, typically located at C:Program FilesMicrosoft OfficeTemplates. Locate the template you want to edit and change the .catx extension to .zip. Unzip the contents into a new folder. Within the new folder, locate the CAL folder and open the content.xml file with Notepad. (You could use an XML editor, but its not necessary.)

To change the date formatting, look for the DAYFORMAT tag (near the end of the file) and find the CalendarText tag under DAYFORMAT. Make the desired changes and save the content.xml file. ZIP all of the files from your new folder and change the zip extension to catx. The template will be named "new_folder_name.catx".

Copy the modified file to your Template folder, open Calendar Printing Assistant and your new template to review the changes. "

Joe
    Joe