3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Blocking Emails (ThunderBird 2.0.0.17)

Is there someway to block Emails from unwanted senders?

Thank you.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Blocking Emails (ThunderBird 2.0.0.17)

Yes there are ways - probably many! Now, in spite of my long use of Thunderbird, I will quickly admit that I don't know what Thunderbird itself will do on that score. The reason is that I have used, for a long time, a program called Mailwasher pro spam blocker | Firetrust Ltd. I have TB's automatic checking of email turned OFF and I let MailWasher Pro check my ISP's email server every ten minutes. As MailWasher "learns" about incoming emails, with guidance and verification from me, it marks emails as spam for rejecting. I can manually change a sender to my "Friends" list or "Blacklist" with the press of one key if I like. When I finish reviewing the screen, I click the Process Mail button and MW deletes the stuff from the server - it never comes near my machine! The ones that are "friends" stay in the list. Then I go to TB and click Get Mail.

You CAN if you like have MW do all this automatically, but I prefer to audit the window for it does, on RARE occasion make a mistake.

Edited to add: In <post:=737,345>post 737,345</post:> you can see a small sample of a clip from my MailWasher screen, showing just two blacklisted emails. When I hit the Process button, they were deleted from the server.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanx BigAl. I checked that MW out, but at the present rate of exchange on the Cdn dollar I'm looking at about 50 bucks. For that price I guess I'll do my own "laundry".

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Well, there still is a free version which I haven't run since it went Pro some years ago. The free version should be here: Mailwasher Spam Filter Software: Free Spam Blocker. The attached chart shows the differences between the free and paid versions, so you'll have to decide. Good luck with it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks