New Lounger
    Thanks

updating form (2003)

I'm creating a scheduling database where users imput multiple records a day based on the activities they complete. I want to modify my data input/edit form so users can input/edit records on a daily basis for a given week(I.E sunday, monday, tuesday, wednesday, thursday, friday, and saturday of the current week). I want the user to be able to add/edit/view his records for a given day, like monday, and then hit a drop down menu where he can add/edit/view his records for tuesday etc. Currently the user adds records on a record by record basis. Currently a select query, filters the results for a given user and allows for displaying/editing/viewing in a form. To make it viewable on a data by day basis I also have date filtered with [Forms]![frmActivityLog]![Date_Send] where [Date_Send] is a text box on the data input/edit form containing the proper date in the proper format. I've tried to docmd.requery, but the data input/edit form doesn't update to reflect the new query results.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: updating form (2003)

Try Me.Requery instead (assuming that the code is in the form's own module)

New Lounger
    Thanks

No, the [Forms]![frmActivityLog]![Date_Send] is parameter for a seperate query that the form is the record source of the form. The name of the query is qryAnyPlan The currently not working code in form for the [Date_Send] is:
    Private Sub Date_Send_AfterUpdate()
    DoCmd.Requery
    End Sub

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

frmActivityLog is the form that contains the text box Date_Send.
    What is the name of the form that has qryAnyPlan as record source?

New Lounger
    Thanks

Sorry for the confusion, qryAnyPlan is the recordsource of frmActivityLog.

New Lounger
    Thanks

I found out why it wasn't requerying, The text box [Date_Send] wasn't being updating because a value was being sent to that text box from vba code in the form. Since the requery command was in an afterupdate event the command wasn't being activated. So the problem is now fixed.