Thanks

Keeping 'chunks' of document together (any)

This undoubtedly has an easy answer.

I have a number of fairly-similarly-organised 'groupings' of text in a document, like:

GROUPING 1
    para1
    para2
    para3

GROUPING 2
    para1
    para2
    para3

GROUPING 3
    para1
    para2
    para3

... and so on.

The amount of text in each paragraph varies from grouping to grouping. If it's relevant, there are no blank lines/empty paragraphs between groupings. Maintenance will cause the amount of text in a few/some/many paragraphs to increase or decrease.

I want each Grouping with its associated paragraphs to be treated as one 'chunk', and NOT to be split across a page boundary. For example, if only some of Grouping3 fits at the bottom of a page, I want the whole of Grouping3 to be placed on the next page.

I've fiddled with "Keep lines together" and "Keep with next" settings, but they don't do what I want consistently. With any form of "section break" help?

Thanks.
    BATcher

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine."
    Abraham Lincoln

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Keeping 'chunks' of document together (any)

Select the paragraphs from GROUPING 1 up to and including the next to last paragraph in the grouping (para2 in the example).
    In the Line and Page Breaks tab of Format | Paragraph, tick "Keep with next".
    Repeat for the other groupings (when you have done one, you can select the next and press Ctrl+Y to repeat the setting).

Note: 'Keep with next' should *not* be set for the last paragraph within each grouping.

Thanks

Re: Keeping 'chunks' of document together (any)

Ah....

Thanks!
    BATcher

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine."
    Abraham Lincoln