3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

windows connection center (win xp - current)

This week's auto updates seems to have placed an icon on the right hand end of my task bar - that seems to have something to do with windows connection services. I cannot get rid of it. When I click on exit - I get a dialog box saying "Please close msn before exiting Connection Center"

As far as I can tell I do not have connection center / msn running on my box. I checked task mgr using alt-ctl-del and also Win Tasks.

At approx same time as this week's updates, I also got an update from zone alarm. After both of these updates, I have had really weird things happening. Can't really pin anything down, but just weird stuff - example - I had Secunia's PSI running and it either says i am insecure for both Win XP-Pro and windows explorer.

Secunia can't seem to reach internet - I am uninstalling it - on next reboot. "Startup Cop" has packed it for uninstall and next reboot wil kill it.

Anyone else having problems with the current updates?

Tom

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: windows connection center (win xp - current)

I installed this week's updates fom Microsoft and I haven't exerienced any problems.

MSN Connection Center is not part of Windows, it belongs to the MSN software (which I don't have/use).

Have you run a full scan for malware recently?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

For some reason - this morning's AVG scan only scanned approx 1/2 of the items that were scanned 24 hours previously - I am starting a complete scan with AVG - will take a while.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Removed msn butterfly using add / remove programs and that got rid of the task bar icon - reboot removed secunia psi stuff

I think that solves the problem - Thanks

Tom