5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Windows mail (Windows Mail V6.0)

I had a computer crash but a complete backup. I can't get the backup software to work properly yet to restore the latest backup. BUT I can copy the latest eml files from the inbox and the sent folds over to the restored hard drive to make the backup current. CAN I JUST copy over the 2 days of missing eml files without screwing up indexes..... etc Thanks J Klein

Thanks

Re: Windows mail (Windows Mail V6.0)

What else was affected by the crash?
    Can you boot up normally?
    Do all other programs and functions work OK at this point?
    What is your backup software?

Give us more information to work on here.
    BOB
    http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/flags/USA.gif http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/f...sachusetts.gif

Long ago, there was a time when men cursed and beat on the ground with sticks. It was called witchcraft.
    Today it is called golf!

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

If I must reveal my stupidity
    1. I restored the system state using Acronis 12. because ATT could not figure out why my SSL on the emails was not working when it turned out that it was them messing with their servers
    2. I restored system state all fine..... Forgot to plug laptop in and computer had unexpected shut down because battery ran out
    3. I rebooted and because Acronis did not force a shut down and reboot it could not find the acronis image that it used the last go round so ruined the boot sector
    4. IBM forced a re install back to factory state
    5. I installed Acronis 2009 ran the last image which was done after system state restore and it crashed, ....
    Bottom LIne had to go to previous image 2 weeks ago which installed fine. When went to reinstall the newer Acronis could not get it to install and the old version crashes the system. Acronis is at a loss so far
    6. machine is working but I can not use acronis except to read the file structure and COPY files from the last image.
    Ergo I want to copy over the last 2 weeks of windows mail emls over to my current directory which is the same path ..
    How do I copy over emls....
    Jerome

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I found the answer, yeah
    The trick is to Drag and Drop between the backup folder and the good folder. At least on my machine copy and Paste between folds does NOT work, only Drag and Drop.
    Makes No sense but for others this is what worked for me.