5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Lounge Email considered spam at Gmail.com

This morning's (2008-10-19) Lounge subscriptions brought in messages from nine forums... which is about par for my subscriptions.

I was in clean up mode and decided to visit my account at gmail.com and clean out the messages after this morning's mail delivery. I cleaned out the gmail.com inbox and then went to the gmail.com spam folder for a like cleansing. Lo and behold, there were two Lounge Admin messages in the spam folder. One from 2008-10-18, Scuttlebutt forum and one from the 2008-10-19 mailing from the Internet Explorer forum. This is the first time I've seen Lounge Admin mail end up in gmail's spam folder since I changed my email address of record from sympatico.ca to gmail.com July of 2007.

This might explain my loss of email from The Lounge for about 3 or 4 days. I had last received email 2008-10-13 and nothing for a few days. Having just returned from a five day trip to my son's wedding in Pittsburgh, I visited the gmail account and blindly cleaned out the spam folder without checking the details. I then went to The Lounge and reconfirmed my subscriptions. After the confirmation, The Lounge mail started its daily flow and everything appeared to be OK until I saw some Lounge mail in gmai'ls spam folder this morning.

Anyway, nothing serious and just thought I would report about gmail.com's flagging some, but not all Lounge mail as spam.

P.S. I have archived the two messages that were considered spam by gmail in case someone wanted to scan their contents for clues.

Cheers, Bob
    Regards,
    Bob

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Lounge Email considered spam at Gmail.com

Gmail has done this before, but I hadn't heard about this problem recently. I don't know what causes it.

You can create a rule in Gmail never to send mail from loungeadmin@wopr.com to the Spam folder:
    - In Gmail, click Settings.
    - Click Filters.
    - Click 'Create a new filter'.
    - Enter loungeadmin@wopr.com in the From box.
    - Click Next Step >>.
    - Tick the check box 'Never send it to Spam'.
    - Set other options if desired (I also assign a color label to all mail from loungeadmin).
    - Click 'Create Filter'.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks Hans,

I've followed your suggestions to create the filter.

Cheers, Bob
    Regards,
    Bob

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Testing on your behalf.

Has this notification come through OK?
    Jerry

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks