New Lounger
    Thanks

Zoom changing in header/footer view (Word 97 SR 2)

Hi all,
    I have received word that a user in another office is experiencing the following: On any document, when she tries to view the header/footer, the zoom shrinks down to Whole Page even though the document itself is set to 100%. If she tries to adjust the zoom while in there, it just kicks her back out to the document (as if she'd clicked Close on the header/footer toolbar).

I couldn't think of any setting that would cause this. Anybody ever hear of this sort of thing?

Thanks,
    Doug Hein
    dhein@smrh.com

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Zoom changing in header/footer view (Word 97 SR 2)

Sure. She's probably using Normal view. When you're in normal view and then hit View-Header and Footer, it has to go to page layout to view it. Headers and Footers aren't viewable in Normal view. When she exits the header/footer, it's probably reverting back to Normal view, which is what she's used to. I don't have 97 installed, but if you think you want to reset Word, you can first have her rename her normal.dot file and if that doesn't work, you can probably just have her run:

winword.exe /regserver

from the Run box (with Word closed) and it should reset Word to its default settings.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Zoom changing in header/footer view (Word 97 SR 2)

Thanks. It apparently was related to the Page Layout zoom.