5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Combo Value is ignored (Access2003)

Please, help me to understand.

I have a form with Check box and Combo box.

All of my variables registered as globals.

When check box is checked and combo box has nothing - following code should be executed and it working:

If Forms![Excel Export]!Check1.Value = True And Forms![Excel Export]!Combo2.Value = False Then GoTo ALL

When check box checked and combo box has value - code is still missing the line and goes to ALL as if it was the first code line:

If Forms![Excel Export]!Check1.Value = True And Forms![Excel Export]!Combo2.Value = True Then
    execute following code
    End If

My question is what is wrong with the second line and why does it ger overlooked?

If I will place variable strComboValue = Forms![Excel Export]!Combo2.Value
    strComboValue will read the value from the Combo2 but will still ignore the line and go to ALL.

Please, help.

P.S. RowSource for the combo is a table/query - table name.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Combo Value is ignored (Access2003)

The value of a combo box usually isn't true or false, but either null or a text string. Try this:

If Forms![Excel Export]!Check1.Value = True And Not IsNull(Forms![Excel Export]!Combo2) Then

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Combo Value is ignored (Access2003)

Of course! I was just looking at the declaration and it is Variant (I am editing someone elses code) and I thought it is no way True/False but I did not know what is it actually IS. Thanks as always!