New Lounger
    Thanks

Subform Refresh (Access 2003)

The Bank Comparison is a main form, which does not have a data source. In the main form there is a subform that displays all the dates from a uploaded file. The data source of this subform is a grouped query displaying the Bank and Upload dates. The issue is that after the upload, the dates are not automatically visible in the subform. Once the main form is closed and reopened the dates appear.

I've tried creating a Refresh button on the main form and received the following message, This command or action 'Refresh' isn't available now" , tried refreshing the data in the subform in the properties "After Update" (that did not work), tried creating a macro to refresh the data after the upload...everything I've tried has failed. Please help.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Subform Refresh (Access 2003)

You need to Requery the subform (not Refresh).

A Requery forces the subform to close then re-open its recordsource. This will enable the subform to get new records added since the last time it opened.

A Refresh merely tells the subform to get the latest version of each record already listed. So it will not get new records.
    Mark Liquorman
    See my website for Tips & Downloads and for my Liquorman Utilities.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Subform Refresh (Access 2003)

Thanks, that worked.