New Lounger
    Thanks

excel importing data (2003)

Hey, great to be here!! I am a project coordinator for an accreditation process for the Fire Service. I have developed a workbook in excel and need to import data from forms that have been created and filled in wordperfect format table design. These forms are used to gather information on various businesses for our pre fire planning. The problem is that I have several thousand businesses each has this form. I need to import data from one cell within the table into excel and be able to manage this large volume. Is this possible without single entries of this data? I apologize for the long post. Any help would be awesome!!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: excel importing data (2003)

Welcome to Woody's Lounge!

If the data had been in a Word, Excel or Access table, it would be possible to write a macro to transfer the information into your workbook.
    But I don't know if and how an Excel macro could read a WordPerfect form. Perhaps someone else will have a useful suggestion.

Thanks

It has been a while since some in our company used WordPerfect. In earlier versions of Word I recall it having converters to read the other word processing programs (like WordPerfect and DW4 were ones we needed). If Word can still read/convert the WordPerfect file, it may be possible to open it directly in word and have excel read the table from Word...

Steve

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks a lot for the help. I will give that a try.