5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Move from Outlook 2K to Outlook 2003 (XP, SP3)

I have a friend with Outlook 2K on an XP Pro machine. I have another PC I'd like to have her start using, running XP MCE, with Outlook 2003 installed. What's the best way for me to accomplish the migration?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Move from Outlook 2K to Outlook 2003 (XP, SP3)

Outlook 2003 can use .pst files created by Outlook 2000 (there is also a newer format, but it's not necessary to use that from the start). The default location of the .pst files is Cocuments and Settings<username>Local SettingsApplication DataMicrosoftOutlook. You must display hidden files and folders in order to be able to browse to this folder.

If you transfer the .pst files using a CD or DVD, make sure that the Read Only check box in the file properties is turned off after the transfer.

You can point Outlook 2003 to the transferred .pst file, or import information from it into a new .pst file.

Other settings are in the folder Cocuments and Settings<username>Application DataMicrosoftOutlook.

See How to manage .pst files in Outlook 2007, in Outlook 2003, and in Outlook 2002.

Thanks