Lounger
    Thanks

Grouped views automatically collapse (Outlook 2007)

I am running the standard grouping in outlook and intermittently in different folders all items are collapsed into their respective group. This only appears to occur when I have sorted by the FROM field.

I select CTRL-A and CTRL-X to expand all groups - as that is my preference but it is frustrating that this continues to happen.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can stop this from occurring please?

Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='Brophy' post='739150' date='23-Oct-2008 19:07']I am running the standard grouping in outlook and intermittently in different folders all items are collapsed into their respective group. This only appears to occur when I have sorted by the FROM field.

I select CTRL-A and CTRL-X to expand all groups - as that is my preference but it is frustrating that this continues to happen.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can stop this from occurring please?[/quote]

I am still having this problem after a clean reload. Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    [quote name='Brophy' post='768575' date='01-Apr-2009 00:09'][/quote]

Have you checked what grouping is set to do for those folders? See View | Customize Current View | Group By (button) | Expand/collapse defaults.

You can reset views to defaults by starting Outlook with the /cleanviews switch. NOTE: All custom views will be deleted.

Joe
    Joe