Lounger
    Thanks

File sharing suddenly NOT ALLOWED!

We have a Win 98 peer network consisting of two systems. One functions as the "server". The network has been functioning for over a year. Today, the "client" was unable to access the server's shared drive. The network was still intact: both systems could see each other in network neighborhood. But the previously shared drive on the server was no longer shared, and "sharing" was not available on the right click menu for that drive. All networking components were in place in network properties (client for MS nets, DialUp adapter, NIC, NetBEUI-->NIC, IPX-->NIC, TCP-->DUadapt, and File and print sharing for MS nets).
    So I removed all of the networking components, restarted Win, and attempted to reinstall the same components. All was OK until I attempted to add File and printer sharing for MS nets. I received an error message: "(!) System policies do not allow adding the selected device." I have never encountered this error before.
    Can anyone tell me how to reinstate file sharing? Thanks in advance.

ileacy

Re: File sharing suddenly NOT ALLOWED!

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.wopr.com/cgi-bin/w3t/showthreaded.pl?Cat=&Board=98&Number=16096&page=&v iew=&sb=&o=&vc=1#Post16096>This</A> post may help.