5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Peripheral Bluetooth Device

Every time I switch on my laptop, I get the attached message. At first, I thought it was becuase of my bluetooth PDA (whose drivers I have installed), but even when I tried restarting with the device out of range, I still got that message. Then I thought that maybe Windows was detecting a peripheral Bluetooth device next door belonging to one of my neighbors, but even when I tried restarting far from home, I still got this message.

I have tried selecting the first option, letting Windows search for the drivers, but Windows asks me to insert the disk that came with my device, but I don't know which device Windows is referring to, and even if it were referring to my PDA, I don't have the disk. When I click, "I don't have the disk, show me other options," I am told that Windows could not find the driver.

Is there a way to ask Windows "to what peripheral device are you referring"?

Regards,

JMT
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks

Re: Peripheral Bluetooth Device

If you open the Device Manager, you might find a device with a yellow question mark on it that matches up to this message. In Windows XP, right-click the My Computer icon and choose Manage. The Device Manager should be easy to find from there.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you, Jscher. I found it, but it pretty much doesn't provide any information. See attached and I will post another shot in my next entry.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Pretty much everything all the buttons under all the tabs indicated "unknown" and "not available."

Since the drivers are neither correctly installed nor can they be correctly installed (Windows always indicates errors in their installation) and since I don't know what it is and thus don't use it, do you think it would do any harm to uninstall the Peripheral Device?

Regards,

JMT

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Any last minutes warnings or words of advice before I uninstall the peripheral device??

Thanks

Googling on <code>"windows needs to install bluetooth peripheral"</code> shows you are not alone, and certainly not alone in being unable to find a solution. But I did come across this at FixYa - any help?

Otherwise, what laptop and operating system?

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hello Leif,

I don't think the problem was coming from the HP Integrated Module with Bluetooth; rather, I think it was coming from "Other Devices: Bluetooth Peripheral Device." So I uninstalled those drivers and hopefully the problem will be solved. Otherwise, I'll go back to the Device Manager and uninstall the HP Integrated Module with Bluetooth as per the instructions on the link you sent.

Best regards,

JMT

I just took the short cut and uninstalled the Bluetooth Peripheral Devices. I don't think it should do any harm, since they were never correctly installed to begin with.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I was wrong. After uninstalling "Other Devices: Bluetooth Peripheral Device," the problem persists. So I will try to uninstall 'HP Integrated Module with Bluetooth' as per the instructions indicated and will get back to you.

Regards,

JMT

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

The problem was “kind of” solved. Before, I was getting the “Found New Hardware” message twice (It would reappear after I would cancel it). Now it is appearing only once.

I thought that if I ran through those steps once again, uninstalling the old driver and installing the new, perhaps I could have gone down from one "Found New Hardware" message to zero messages, but it didn't work.

My laptop is an HP Pavilion DV2500 with a 64-bit Operating System running Windows Vista Home Premium.

Any other suggestions greatly appreciated.

JMT