Thread: Summing (2007)

New Lounger
    Thanks

Summing (2007)

Hi, The attached file shows a number of different products that I would like to be able to sum by product quickly, however as the lines are all different is it possible to sum the total however using something like the sumif function to include all criteria however omitting a number of specified criteria?? say sum all but not *SAWN* and *MDF* etc..

Thanks
    bk
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Summing (2007)

Er, what exactly would you like to sum? I see only a column with product names.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Have you considered a Pivot Table based on the data? Once the PT is created you can modify it any way you desire to include or exclude products using the Drop down boxes in the PT. Every time you exclude a product the PT automatically updates and shows new totals. Plus it will do a great job a tquickly grouping you data by Products.

Regards,

Tom Duthe

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks Hans

Exactly, there are prices also but i tried to keep it brief. As i mentioned earlier I would like to be able to sum the total of the range but at the same time omitting specified products within the range.. This list is only a very small proprotion of the actual data I have however but to be able to do this funstion if possible would be great..

thanks for your help
    bk

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

I'd try Tom Duthie's suggestion of a pivot table.

If that doesn't work for you, please provide a somewhat more representative workbook so that we can try out things.