3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Adjustable Text Box? (XP/SP3)

I have a report which contains information about classmates which we are producing for a reunion. One of the fields is a "what are you up to now" sort of thing, and it's a memo field. The information is going to vary in length because some people want to tell you their life story and some people are missing, deceased, or never respond.

In order to maximize space, I would like that field to adjust depending upon the amount of text in it. I have set Can Grow and Can Shrink to Yes on the report, but that doesn't seem to help, and I have some people listed with a lot of white space.

Is there a fix for this?

Thanks.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Adjustable Text Box? (XP/SP3)

Set the height of the text box bound to the memo field to just enough for one line, and move the controls below it in the same section up so that there is only a small horizontal gap (but make sure that those controls don't overlap the text box).
    Also make sure that the Can Grow and Can Shrink properties of the section that contains the text box (presumably the Detail section) are set to Yes. Can Grow/Can Shrink works only for a control if it has also been set for the section.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Although there are no controls below those text boxes, this seems to work. I wonder, though, if there is a way to limit the number of records that print on a page? Each record contains, name, address, city, state, phone# and email address, followed by a test box showing what was printed about that person in our senior yearbook, and next to that is the 2009 update. Most of the sheets I've printed so far show four to a page, but when I have one on a page that is longer than the others, it goes to three on a page. So if I wanted consistency, is there a way to limit it to three on a page, and maybe fill the blank space with a photo?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

You can print 3 records on a page as follows:
    - Place a page break control at the top of the Detail section (Top = 0).
    - Name it brkPage.
    - Place a text box on the Detail section with the following properties:
    - Visible: No
    - Control Source: =1
    - Running Sum: Over all.
    - Name: txtCount
    - Create an event procedure for the On Format event of the Detail section:
    <code>
    Private Sub Detail_Format(Cancel As Integer, FormatCount As Integer)
    Me.brkPage.Visible = (Me.txtCount Mod 3 = 1) And (Me.txtCount > 1)
    End Sub
    </code>
    This will limit the number of records per page to three.
    To display a photo in the empty space would be rather complicated.