Thread: Flash player

Thanks

Flash player

I've just run a thorough scan of my computer using the Secunia Online Software Inspector. It reports that the installed versions of the Adobe/Macromedia Flash player are out-of-date and potentially insecure.

I downloaded and installed the Flash player plugin for Firefox and the ActiveX Flash plugin for Internet Explorer from the Adobe download site. I cannot, however, find any downloads or installation instructions for the Flash player plugins for Bridge CS3 and Photo Shop Elements 5.

Any advice on how to proceed would be appreciated.

Thanks.
    Regards,
    PaulB

Thanks

Re: Flash player

You could try simply renaming the DLL files (or other Flash executables) that are outside the c:windows path. As far as I know, those copies are not required. And renaming them should render them largely invisible to malware that might be looking for them.

Thanks

Re: Flash player

Thanks, Jefferson. This is good advice. I now only need to update the browser plugin once and it fixes the problem for all products that require the Flash plugin.

This shows the value of Woody's forums. I asked the same question in the Adobe Photoshop forums and received no reply at all.

Cheers,
    Regards,
    PaulB