2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Printing problems

Frequently, when I have more than one printing job (from Word 2000 and/or IE 5), the printing process freezes...the jobs don't get sent to the printer. Usually rebooting solves the problem, but I'd love to find a less drastic solution. I once got a message suggesting that I change the spool format from RAW to EMF, but that didn't solve the problem. I am using a Dell 667 MHz computer with 128MB of RAM, Windows 98, and an HPDeskJet 930. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Re: Printing problems

When you say 'more than one printing job', do you mean you have sent one job to the printer, and before it has completed spooling, you start sending another?
    Or that the job has completed spooling, but not completed printing, and you start spooling another?

Can you confirm what your spool settings are in the printer setup.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I'm not quite sure how to answer your question. I usually send print jobs (short and medium-length) one at a time without worrying about spooling (isn't that a job for Windows?). If printing stops and I double-click on the printer icon, usually I see "0 of 1 pages printed" on the current print job (which doesn't get done).

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Maybe you don't have enough printer memory? Sometimes total size of all print jobs can exceed printer memory size (especially if your printer jobs contain graphics.)