2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Bar Charts (2000)

Does anyone know of a better way than the chart wizard in forms/reports to create simple percentage bar graphs from queries? I get really limited options with the wizard and all I ever see when I try to edit it is that Northwind quarter chart. I am as usual in a time crunch.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Bar Charts (2000)

what kind of problems are you having in your graphs

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Well, I have a query that counts the number of records reviewed and how may of those reviews produced "present" result. I now want to set up command buttons so that the end user can select provider by name and date of review then view the results in data form and also by a bar graph representing % of compliance numbrecs/present. There are 79 providers. I could export the data to excel but would have to build a chart for every provider. I just want to set up a simple form or report that will filter and then produce the "table" and the chart.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

does this mean you are going to have 79 command buttons
    i usually have a list box to pick and choose from with the results
    going to a hidden text box then i requery using the text box as criteria for the query
    on the chart if you are having trouble getting the % in the chart just right click on the chart
    and go to properties the sql for the rowsource is there for % values just format the fields
    something like this
    SELECT Null AS Expr1, Format([%PASS],"0%") AS PASS, Format([%HOB],"0%") AS HOB,
    that will keep the format as percent