New Lounger
    Thanks

MS Word Scrolling Issue (Word 2003)

Whenever I scroll upward in a MS Word document, the sentences start to repeat themselves and I have to close the document and reopen it. It's just a display issue.I have Vista 32 bit edition and Microsoft Office 2003. Does anyone know how to fix it?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: MS Word Scrolling Issue (Word 2003)

Welcome to Woody's Lounge!

Have you made sure that you have the latest drivers for your video card?

There are some reports that this problem is caused by one or two security updates: KB947077 (February 2008) and KB955048 (August 2008), but it's not clear why it affects some computers and not others. You could try uninstalling these updates to see if that helps. (Warning: if you let updates be installed automatically, the updates will be reinstalled...)

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for your help! I have 2 questions:
    How do I install the latest drivers for my video card?
    If that doesn't work, I'll try uninstalling the security updates. But once I do that, how do I fix the settings so Windows doesnt update my computer automatically?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

You can download the latest drivers for your video card from the manufacturer (for example ATI or NVidia). If you're not sure what video card you have, select Start | Control Panel | System and Maintenance | System | Device Manager and expand Display Adapters.

See Change how Windows installs or notifies you about updates ofr a description of how to turn off automatic updates (the best setting is to let Windows notify you when new updates are available, you can then choose which ones to install).