2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Ad.YieldManager.com.Cookie

Ad.YieldManager.com.Cookie.
    I pick up this spyware/malware from a pier to pierr down load on saturday01/nov/08 with others.
    My question is : I have been using pier to pier for down loading for years and have never downloaded some much spyware before.
    A person I know[I won't call said person a friend!!] Put me onto LImewire.I have always used vunze and mininova wirth utorrent and never had so much as a virus from them.
    I down loaded 4 bits of shareware from limewire and have had to deal with more spyware and trojans in one day than I have in 20 years.Has anybody else found this with lime wire or am I just unlucky.
    Gus.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Ad.YieldManager.com.Cookie

I have always avoided using BitTorrent and other peer-to-peer software - the legality is questionable, and the risk of malware is high. Consequently, I have no experience with or opinion about LimeWire.

If you want to continue using such software, you should maximize your security software - don't just run scans for malware regularly, but use software that protects your PC continuously (realtime scanning).

Thanks

<hr>Ad.YieldManager.com.Cookie<hr>
    That particular cookie is found regularly, on a daily basis, with a quantity of other ad-related cookies, on AVG scans on the PCs at work, where no nefarious peer-to-peer activities take place. It comes from visiting websites which employ it to track usage.

Althought Hans' comments are generally correct (IMHO!), in this specific instance I would not be the slightest concerned about it.
    BATcher

Time prevents everything happening all at once...

Thanks

A cookie is not spyware. It usually contains just a little bit information. For ad servers, that usually is an identifying code the server uses to uniquely identify the users it tracks. Your anti-spyware software probably will clear the cookies it recognizes as "tracking" cookies, so you should not consider its warning/notifications/reports about such cookies to indicate any serious problem. Unless you thought you had blocked all cookies. In that case, it would make sense to identify whether your peer-to-peer or other non-browser software is somehow bypassing your cookie settings.

Thanks

But in any case, Limewire is well known as a repository for software loaded with viruses and spyware. You would be wise to have strong AV/firewall/trojan/spyware protection when trying to secure content from P2P services.

Check out:
    http://www.wikihow.com/Avoid-Downloading-a...s-from-Limewire

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you guys.
    I am going to avoid limewire
    Thanks
    Gus..