Thanks

IE 7Pro & IE 8 (IE 8)

Ok this is really strange. I had a problem with IE 7Pro this morning. Comcast's main page wasn't showing correctly and niether was their new fancy dancy web mail. I had just upgraded ZASS to version 8 (yes I did a restore point) so I thought that that may have been the problem. Nope!. I next shut down my jiWire VPN. Nope that weren't it either. I next went in and shut down all of my addins. Nope that weren't it either. Next I reset IE to the default. Nope!. So I continued on and it turned out to be Adobe Flash. Re-installed that, and all was well. I then started turning back on the Add in's, and now I can't seem to get IE 7Pro to work. The Zoom icon is there, but not the main icon, and it is not in the toolbars either. Using the Revo unintaller I went in and completely removed IE 7Pro. I then re-installed it to no avail. The Zoom icon is till there, but the main icon isn't. I thought Ok this would be a great time to try out IE 8.so I did another restore point and installed IE 8. It seems to be ok, but I am still showing the Zoom icon from IE7 Pro.
    Bottom Line: How can I get rid of that, and is there a setting I am missing in IE, that allows me to click on a Favorite (besides right clicking) to open it in a new tab.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts

Re: IE 7Pro & IE 8 (IE 8)

IE7Pro is an IE addin that has nothing to do with Microsoft. IE7Pro is supposedly compatible with IE8. Upgrading to IE8 should not have any effect on IE7Pro. You should be able to uninstall it.

Joe
    Joe

Thanks

Correct you are Joe, I realize that IE7 Pro is an "Add On" and I have enjoyed it since I first tried it. The problem was that I couldn't get rid of the IE7 Pro zoom icon.
    After I un installed IE7 Pro, and then installed IE 8, their zoom icon was still there, but none of the functionality of the program. So after a little pondering I created a restore point and tried re installing IE7 Pro and now I have the full functionality of the program.
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts

Seems like uninstall programs often do not do a good job in cleaning up toolbar additions. Glad you got it sorted out.

Joe
    Joe