Hye

ACCESS vs Visual Basic (N/A)

<P ID="del"><FONT SIZE=-1>Post deleted by Hye</FONT>

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: ACCESS vs Visual Basic (N/A)

You will never convince the VB'ers that Access isn't worthless. So don't even try!

In fact, neither is inherently better. They are different, and they have different strengths and weaknesses. This may make one "better" for a specific purpose, but that's all.

Access is a relational database, which means it is designed to facilitate working with data. There are those of us who like Access because of the way you can work with bound forms and controls, and for its subform capabilities. This makes development easier. Access used to have better reporting capabilities, but VB has gotten better I understand.

With VB, you can create an executable file, you can't with Access. VB gives you better screen handling capabilities for moving objects around.

There are things you can do in VB you can't do in Access. When I took VB, one of my projects was to simulate a lottery drawing. I had balls bouncing around on the screen. I don't think I could do that with Access, but then why would I need to?

In reality, there are really more similarities than differences.
    Mark Liquorman
    See my website for Tips & Downloads and for my Liquorman Utilities.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: ACCESS vs Visual Basic (N/A)

Since there is already a longer thread in response to an identical post in VB/VBA/.Net, I'm going to lock this one and request that all further replies be posted to <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.wopr.com/cgi-bin/w3t/showthreaded.pl?Cat=&Board=vb&Number=68587&page=0& view=collapsed&sb=5&o=186&fpart=>this thread</A>
    Charlotte