3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Custom Recurrence (2003)

Is it possible to create a more customized recurring meeting that doesn't follow the daily, weekly, monthly or every other recurrence parameters given by Outlook?

For instance, if I have meeting that occurs every two weeks for the next several months, but the day of the week of the meeting changes here and there, is there a way to customize a meeting request to accommodate that?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Amy

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Custom Recurrence (2003)

There is no way to create customized recurrence schemes. If you alternate between (for example) two schemes, you could create two separate recurring appointments, one for each scheme. But if the changes are irregular, that won't work.
    You can move around individual appointments within a recurring appointment series after it has been created. When you do so, Outlook will ask you whether you want to notify the invitees.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hello, I have exactly this problem, my event is e.g. usually every second monday, but with an extra one sometimes, plus missing ones for holidays, plus additional non mondays as well. Maybe there is a way to use VBA to create a series of 'individual' appointments - I think I remember something about importing appointments from an excel list of details? Like importing holiday date information can work. I have a lot of multi-sets of appointments like this, and I would love a solution to save typing (almost) the same appointment over and over.
    thanks frank

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

You can create a standard appointment in VBA, and specify the date each time you run the code, but they won't be recurring. Writing an algorithm smart enough to figure out the dates and date exceptions will take more time than it's worth.

Hans solution is best; create the recurring appointment and then move or delete the exception meetings. I haven't tested it with a complex bunch of recurring meetings, but in Outlook you can create a meeting without initially sending out invitations. So try that; create your recurring meeting, and after you have moved or deleted exception meetings, then open the first instance and send out invitations. Let us know if the series is correctly reflected with exceptions.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

John,
    Hans method does work; however, since meeting locations change I wasn't able to use it, but if all things are equal, then creating the recurring meeting and deleting and moving the ones you don't want works well.

Amy