Star Lounger
    Thanks

Can I supress the Compatibility Checker? (Excel 2007)

Hans, I read your response to Post # 712457 and I'm floored. There's no way to suppress the Compatibility Checker!?

I'm crafting a simple macro to create several Excel 2003 files from one 'master' Excel 2003 file. The master is a list of client names and contact info for several of our real estate agents; Column A contains the agent name. Rows 1:3 are title rows, so the first data row is Row 4. The macro simply copies the title rows and each agent's client rows, pastes them into a new file, and saves the new file by the agent's name, in Excel 2003 format. There are 200 agents in the master, with their counts of clients ranging from 1 to 1,200. FYI, when I open the 'master' file, it opens in Compatibility Mode.

When the macro saves each file, the Compatibility Checker pops up with the ubiquitous "Minor loss of fidelity" message. How can I stop this from appearing? Do I have to babysit this macro and manually click through all 200 newly created files?

Mahalo for your help,

John Jacobson

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Can I supress the Compatibility Checker? (Excel 2007)

Hi John

If you want to suppress the Dialogue always,

1) Click Office button
    2) Prepare
    3) Run Compatibility Checker,
    4) Uncheck the option of “Check compatibility when saving this workbook”.

If you want to do it in code use:

Workbook.CheckCompatibility = False

This is workook specific so you will have to do it for each book you work on.
    Jerry

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Can I supress the Compatibility Checker? (Excel 2007)

Thanks Jerry.

I did use it in my code, and learned something else, which now makes perfect sense:

A new workbook created in Excel 2007 has to be saved as an Excel 2003 file before one can successfully set the CheckCompatibility property to False. So, to avoid triggering the Compatibility Checker, I had to create the new file, save it as .xls (before there were any compatibility issues), THEN set the CheckCompatibility property to False, switch to the master file, copy cells with their "Minor loss of fidelity" formatting, switch back to the new file and paste the cells, and close the file saving changes. A bit humbug, but no longer requiring human intervention and with ScreenUpdating turned off, I cared not.

Aloha all,
    John Jacobson