Lounger
    Thanks

Macros (Office Outlook 2007)

I am just trying to sign an e-mail with a macro but I can't figure out how to enable macros in Office 2007. I'm good to go in Word and everything else. How do I enable macros so that I can put my business information in an e-mail quickly?

Thanks for any help,

bearfur

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Macros (Office Outlook 2007)

Does Enable or disable macros in Office documents help? There's a section dedicated to Outlook 2007 a bit more than halfway down the page.

Lounger
    Thanks

It actually doesn't. That talks about macros coming into my e-mail. I need to know how to enable my ability to use a macro in an e-mail I am sending. I can do it on my laptop but I don't know what setting makes it possible. The one they talk about in the section you refered me to is the same on my laptop as it is on the desktop I'm trying to get it to work on.

bearfur

Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you, that is the information for allowing macros to come into e-mail. I am looking for a setting that allows a person to put macros into e-mails being sent. Do you know where that button might be?

Thanks,

bearfur

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

The macro settings in the Trust Center apply to enabling/disabling macros in general. But I don't have Office 2007 myself, so I can't provide more specific assistance. Hopefully someone else can help.

Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you Hans,

I appreciate your help. Unfortunately there is only one place to change the security settings for macros that I can see. I make the change to allow and it makes no differenc when trying to insert a macro in the e-mail. I hope there is someone that has an answer for me, as I said though I really do appreciate that you tried to help me out. I'm sure we will get to converse more in the future, I have so much to learn.

Aloha and talk to you soon,

bearfur

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,056 Times in 925 Posts

Hans is correct. The settings in the Trust Center Apply to all macros in all Office programs. Are you doing something more than adding a signature?

Joe
    Joe

Thanks

There are many kinds of signatures. One kind is in the content of the message, such as text or an embedded image. Another kind is a chunk of digital code added to the hidden metadata of your message based on a digital certificate issued by a certifying authority. Can you describe the signature you want to apply in a little more detail, and also, how is the macro involved?

Lounger
    Thanks

Aloha All,

Thank you everyone for your suggestions and comments. I don't think I'm explaining to well what I'm trying to do. Let me try again.
    You know when you are in a word document and you want to create a macro. I go to "Tools" then "Macro" then "Record New Macro". After I am done recording the new macro I can then use the keys i've designated to it in order to make the words or even a picture (My signature in this case) insert into the text of the document. I can do this with no problem in Word on the computer I am trying to do it on. However, when I do an e-mail I am not able to use the macro. Just a thought, do I need to create the Macro in Outlook in order to make it work in e-mails I send in Outlook?

I hope this helps.

Thank you again for all your help.

bearfur

Thanks

Outlook does store its macros separately from Word, so if you created it in Word, that would explain why it is not visible in Outlook.

Outlook does not have a macro recorder, and in fact programming Outlook macros to interact with the body of a message is considerably more arcane than programming Word macros.

For material you intend to insert routinely, you should consider creating an additional signature. Then you can use Insert > Signature > SignatureName to insert it into your message.

Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you,

I don't remember doing anything like that with the Outlook 2003 version but maybe it has changed for Outlook 2007. I will give it a shot and see if it works. I will let you know how it all turns out.

Thanks again,

bearfur