Lounger
    Thanks

Adding Second Domain to User (Outlook 2007 / Exchange 2003)

Hi there,
    I have recently added a secondary domain to exchange ( @test.com and @test.com.au). I have created some new email addresses in ADUC and attached them to exsting users. The messages are being delivered to the respective users in boxes.

However when they reply to a message addressed to @test.com the email uses @test.com.au .

I would like to configure Outlook to allow the user to select which mailbox the to use when creating new emails and replying to emails.

Thanks.
    Adam

Thanks

Re: Adding Second Domain to User (Outlook 2007 / Exchange 2003)

Outlook displays an Accounts button near the Send button in Both Outlook 2003 and Outlook 2007 if there is more than one account set up in Outlook. If there is only one account, only one Exchange mailbox, then the sending address is determined by the default SMTP address for that mailbox on the Exchange Server. I don't think the user can do anything to vary that setting.

Lounger
    Thanks

Ok thanks.

Thanks

If you create two distinct mailboxes, you have more options, but it's also more to juggle for the users.

Lounger
    Thanks

I'm happy to create distinct mailboxes, if it means that the user has the ability to choose with address they wish to send email from.

I had tried control panel --> mail --> email accounts --> highlight the exchange account and click change --> more settings --> advanced --> add. Adding a new mail box. This created a new folder in Outlook a but I wasn't able to access it.

Thanks

Sorry, I meant distinct mailboxes on the server. The user would need to log off and log on to use the second mailbox, which clearly is a hassle, or access it though a virtual session or OWA, or send mail "on behalf of" the owner of the mailbox.

Lounger
    Thanks

you're right that would be a hassle.

Acutally got it working by createing a new mailbox and going control panel --> mail --> email accounts --> highlight the exchange account and click change --> more settings --> advanced --> add user.

Then in outlook I select have the From field visible. I then select the address that I want to use when sending.