2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Office Defaults on New PC's (2007)

I've just installed five new PC's that ran 2007 on the old PC's. I ghosted the systems and then did some individual profile updates, by copying information from their old PC's. I wanted all there MS settings to be the same on the new PC's, but even though I copied the user settings, from c:user idapplicaiton datamicrosoft Their quick launch bar in Word is not the same as it was on the old PC's. Any suggestions as to why this might be happening. Did I miss something that wasn't in Application DataMicrosoft? I haven't reformatted the old PC"s yet.
    Thanks for any light you can shed on this issue.
    Thanks much, Judy Crawford

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Office Defaults on New PC's (2007)

The shortcuts displayed in the Quick Launch toolbar are stored in Cocuments and Settings<username>Application DataMicrosoftInternet ExplorerQuick Launch. I assume that the left-to-right order of the shortcuts is stored in the registry.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Maybe I"m not explaining myself very well. It's not the task bar quick launch, but the one inside of the Office 2007 applications, the one that is part of the the Title Bar, I guess it is called the Quick Access Bar. That's the one that didn't seem to copy over when I copied the Application DataMicrosoft from the old PC. Thanks, Judy
    Thanks much, Judy Crawford

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Ah - you mean the Quick Access Toolbar (QAT). It's stored in an XML file called Word.qat.
    Under Windows XP, you'll find it in Cocuments and Settings<username>Local SettingsApplication DataMicrosoftOffice, and under Windows Vista in C:Users<username>AppDataLocalMicrosoftOffice. You must display hidden files and folders to be able to see this folder.

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks

(Edited by HansV to make URL clickable - see <!help=19>Help 19<!/help>)

Or are you asking about the places bar? (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/826214)
    Pam Caswell